Saturday, November 4, 2023

Kellie Loder / "Can't Go Back"

   

Photo by Sandra Lee Photography
Photo by Sandra Lee Photography


The Skinny Review:
Kellie Loder's vocals shine in her latest single, conveying the full emotion behind the lyrics. "Can't Go Back" is beautiful song with a relatable message that is sure to make listeners feel something.

In Their Own Words:
My newest single, "Can't Go Back," is about choosing yourself and moving forward, away from what you know you should leave behind, even if it’s hard. My previous single, "When It Comes To You," is currently charting at #6 on the CBC Music Top 20!

I was inspired by the feeling of never being able to let go, but ultimately making a choice and having to live with that decision.

I had a heavy heart when I wrote "Can't Go Back" with friends late at night. We were set up by a publisher to write a song together for another artist. After we recorded the demo, I already knew I was going to be the one to release it. My collaborators are Stephen Green and Andrew Rogers.

What makes this production interesting is we wrote "Can't Go Back" late one night and recorded the demo that same night. Five years later (now), I listened to the demo and I was so happy with it that I ended up using the same vocal take. It's my voice from five years ago, but why fix something if it isn't broken? 

Listen Here:
Spotify
Apple Music
YouTube

Follow Here:
Facebook
Instagram 
Twitter

No comments: