Monday, November 6, 2023

Arih SK / "You Be Good"

   




The Skinny Review:
"You Be Good" is a captivating and sweet song, with an even deeper meaning once you learn the story behind the single's inspiration. The inclusion of Arih SK's daughter's vocals adds a touching quality to the song, making it something truly special.

In Their Own Words:
“Recording this song was really special. I got to bring my daughter into the studio to track her vocals. I think she was pretty nervous at first, and the headphones were uncomfortable, but she did a great job. I’m so glad I could share that experience with her.

After reading about him, I wanted to write a song about Alex the Parrot. His last words were so sad and sweet. Those words make up the chorus of the song and are repeated by me and my daughter in a call and answer. Alex died at age 31 and that was the same age I was when my dad died. This felt important to me. I started to make other connections: Alex was learning about shapes and colours and numbers, which were all things that my dad taught me, and that I was in turn teaching to my children. Sometimes, just like a child, Alex would get bored of questions and puzzles and he would even sometimes give the wrong answer just for ‘fun’. But at the end of the day, before the lights went out, he’d always say “You be good. I love you. See you tomorrow.”

Listen Here:
Spotify
Soundcloud
YouTube

Follow Here:
Website
Facebook
Instagram

No comments: