Friday, March 25, 2022

Lost Like Lions / "Back to Life"

New single from Lost Like Lions, "Back to Life"



The Skinny Review:
This new single from Lost Like Lions is a great mix of genres and styles under the alternative rock umbrella. It has a chilled out feel, similar to some of the popular emo and slower pop-punk songs from the early 2000s that are making a big comeback.

In Their Own Words:
“Back To Life” is the first track off of our upcoming EP Fear of Letting Go. Ironically, it was the last track that we ended up writing before we went out to Brooklyn in July 2021 to start demoing out the new ep! I remember it like it was yesterday- I was sitting in my basement with my guitar (hiding out because it was like 95 degrees out that day haha). I just started playing the opening guitar line to “Back To Life” and thought “Hey, that sounds kind of neat” and then almost immediately after that started humming out what would ultimately end up being the verses. I remember texting Jamie (our guitarist) and was like “I just wrote the intro track to the EP”, and followed it with a phone sound recording of me piecing all of the vocals together. So within about a 45 minute span the whole structure of the song was ready to go. I took it to practice the next day or two, and we started playing it as a band. The demoing process in Brooklyn was a blast. One of my best friends lives out there, who also happens to be who we record about 60 percent of our music with. So in between demoing tracks, there was a whole lot of beer drinking and hanging. We then finished the drums at a local studio in our hometown of Buffalo, NY, and then the vocals at another. It seems like every EP we record we seem to either find ways to make things easier the next go around, or learn something about the songs that we want to do or not do the next time around. I swear, another 3 eps in we will finally master our process."

Listen Here:
Spotify
Soundcloud
YouTube

Follow Here:
Facebook
Instagram

No comments: