Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Trampoline Delay / "Excuses Excuses"

   




The Skinny Review:
"Excuses Excuses" by The Trampoline Delay is a great blend of fuzzy alternative rock with a nostalgic 90s sound. Its timely lyrics tackle relevant subjects with a relatable perspective, while the hooky chorus reels listeners in. With dynamic riffs and memorable melodies, this new single is sure to leave a lasting impression.

 
In Their Own Words:
“Lyrically, “Excuses Excuses” is about letting your shyness or social anxiety take over. That battle you have with your inner voice that makes excuses as to why you shouldn’t get out there and live your life.

Ironically, I came up with the verse first, which had the line “But excuses always keep me from my life”, after being invited out by a friend to see a band they worked with called Excuses Excuses. Like I sometimes do, my mind came up with an excuse as to why I shouldn’t go out that night… and I sort of regretted it within hours. Instead of just going to bed, I went into my home studio, wrote the verse, and basically wrote and recorded the rest of the song in around 3 hours. This is pretty typical for me, as I often write and record, coming up with the parts on the fly, and then forgetting them when it comes time to play them, because they were one and done.”

Listen Here:
Spotify
Soundcloud
YouTube

Follow Here:
Website
Facebook
Instagram

No comments: