Thursday, February 8, 2024

iskwē / "Waiting For The Laughter"

 



The Skinny Review:
The latest single from iskwē offers a relatable look at aging and learning to love ourselves. With a melancholic yet hopeful feel, the song is beautiful and cinematic. The singer's vocals are powerful, especially with the fantastic instrumentation supporting her sound.

In Their Own Words:
“Waiting For The Laughter” was written as I grappled with the messaging directed toward women and our aging.  I felt a toll on my spirit when I’d look in the mirror and see a new line or crease and then open my phone to all the filters and apps that seemed to wipe away any signs of aging. I find it dizzying to think of the times I’ve loathed my body, how I pluck, colour, and cover the natural body I was born with. Will I stop? Probably not. Do I try to push myself as far as I can to love the body and being I was born with? Every day. I’m constantly searching for the laughter in it all. Laughter is medicine after all. Waiting for the laughter to drive the hurt away.

Listen Here:
Spotify
Apple Music

Follow Here:
Facebook
Instagram

No comments: