Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Matthew Ryan Jacobs / "Street Lights (Acoustic)"

 



The Skinny Review:
Canadian singer-songwriter Matthew Ryan Jacobs recently unveiled his 5-song EP, The Warehouse Studio Session. These are all unplugged, acoustic versions of previously released songs, including one of our favourites, "Street Lights". The EP showcases more vulnerability and rawness in these versions, letting the artist's talent take centre stage.

In Their Own Words:
“Last November I was in BC and decided to check out The Warehouse. A lot of bands and artists that I’m a fan of have recorded there, so I thought it would be a cool experience to record a couple songs live; and once I found out they had a Neve board I knew I had to.
I wanted to capture a handful of my songs in their infancy. My goal was to have a little time capsule of what the songs sounded like when I first wrote them, just me and a guitar. The recording experience was really cool, Ryan Enockson, who recorded and mixed the songs was great to work with. It was at 10 in the morning and pouring rain out, I couldn’t find parking…but once I got in and set up in the live room I felt great. Everything went pretty smooth, and most of the songs are first or second takes, guitar and vocal recorded together.”

Listen Here:
Spotify
Apple

Follow Here:
Website
Facebook
Instagram

No comments: