The Skinny Review:
Junior VP’s new single "Red Cardigan" is a heartfelt indie rock song about the lasting feelings of a first love. With dreamy guitars, catchy melodies and strong drums, it balances sadness with an uplifting feel. There's a very early-2000's indie rock vibe to it, perfect for those craving a bit of nostalgia for their current playlists. The new single offers a preview of their debut album, Do You Feel The Same?, arriving in 2027.
In Their Own Words:
Speaking on the track, vocalist and lyricist Ross Macintosh says, “I think this is one of the only tracks on our upcoming album that has three verses. We usually try to keep songs short, sweet and going in different directions but I really like the narrative that we managed to put together here. It tells the story of a sort of ‘long-lost first love’ and we hope it resonates, or at the very least that people find themselves humming along to the chorus afterwards. It’s a weird one because the chorus lyrics came whilst I was writing the melody, but I have no idea who Grace is… There’s a lot of playfulness in the instruments and magic moments that can only come from being in the studio.”
Listen Here:
Spotify
Apple Music
YouTube
Follow Here:

No comments:
Post a Comment